Lavender Spritzer!




I've been looking for a wider variety of uses for lavender, and have seen many recipes for lavender drinks.  I thought a lavender spritzer would be a fun one to try - especially as I'm doing "dry January."  I can't imagine a better way to have a crafted cocktail than to use ingredient from my own garden!  After some recipe reading for inspiration, I came up with my own for our use at home.  It was delicious, and I was able to make just short of 3 mason jars of the infusion to mix with other drinks.  In the recipe below, we call for mixing the infusion with sparkling water, but you may want to try different combos of sparkling water, lemonade, or even liquors you enjoy.  

Ingredients
  • Roughly 3 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers - a little more or a little less is totally fine. Ideally, you should use a variety of lavender that is suited for culinary uses.
  • 4 cups water
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.)

Instructions:
  1. Remove the lavender buds and flowers from the stems by rolling them between your hands.  (Watch the video on my instagram page to see how easy it is! )
  2. Gently crush the lavender with a mortar and pestle (optional)
  3. Boil your water.
  4. Add sugar to the water and stir to dissolve.
  5. Remove the water from the heat.
  6. Add the dried lavender flowers to the hot water and stir gently.  If you crushed them, you can let them steep for 5-10 minutes.  If you did not crush them, you will need to let them steep longer.  
  7. Allow the infusion to cool.  Strain the lavender infused water through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer into a jar (or jars!  Mine filled almost 3 jars).
  8. Mix the infusion with your sparkling water.  Experiment with ratios.  I liked mine very light, whereas my daughter liked her more intense.  
Optional: Consider mixing your infusion with lemonade or even your favorite liquors.  I think it would make a great pairing with gin or vodka, but experiment as you wish!

 Here are some other supplies I used in this recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts